Marrying a real-life doctor is a dream of mine – those US medical dramas make it look rather appealing. Here’s my “top five” list of the most eligible doctors that are definitely husband material.
1) Dr John Carter – there’s no doubt about it, Carter is head and shoulders above all the others and is firmly placed at number one on the list. He’s the most ideal man in the world, ever! This shouldn’t need further explanation.
2) Dr Cooper Freedman – Private Practice’s paediatrician Cooper has far more hubby potential than ER’s Doug Ross. An all-round good guy, he’s kind, funny and manages to walk the fine line between self-confidence and arrogance. Plus, he’s so adorable caring for little snotty nosed kids.
3) Dr Derek Shepherd (AKA Mc Dreamy) – it’s all about the hair. I’d marry him for his hair alone. A safe choice, but he is one of the world’s most successful brain surgeons, so he should make an appearance on the list.
4) Dr George O’Malley – I’m most likely to end up with a George. He wasn’t Grey’s Anatomy’s best looking or charismatic doctor, but he was kind, well meaning and, apart from the bit where he cheated on his wife, a gentleman. He lost his life trying to save a woman about to be hit by a bus. The world needs more O’Malleys!
5) Dr Greg Pratt (but I really struggled to decide between him and Dr Luka Kovac…tricky!) – despite being cocky and annoying when he joined ER in season eight, he was one of my favourites by the end. He might have made a few (fatal) mistakes, but every girl loves a “crap doctor turned good doctor” don’t they?
There are lots to choose from, and I’m sure some of you will disagree with my selection – feel free to share your list of top five doctors you’d most like to marry.